June 25, 2018
On the blog today we have ABC Pediatric Therapy sharing several ideas for making the most of summer with your baby under one!
* A walk is not only great for mom, but it’s a great time to have your baby ride along in the stroller and explore! While on the walk, talk to your little one, commenting on what you see. This promotes language development.
* Find a shady spot outside, take a blanket and sit and read to your little one.
* Babies love bubbles! Try the large bubble wands or the smaller ones for a variety of bubble fun!
* “Paint” with ice cubes on a tray for some sensory play.
* Try filling a baking sheet or tray with water and baby safe toys for inside water play!
* Water tables on the back deck or patio are fun to engage your baby with sensory play.
* Make music, nursery rhymes, movement and have a dance party in your own backyard!
* To keep cool, a small, kiddie pool is a great way to keep baby engaged and cool to beat the heat!
* If you are able to head to the zoo, take baby along in a shaded stroller and have fun commenting on what the animals are doing; this is a fantastic time for learning and language development.
* Check out your local parks. Once again, take a walk, or check out the infant swings for fun at the park!
* Check out your local library to see if there are “baby story times” during summer programming.
By: Christina Sanford MA CCC-SLP
Visit ABC Pediatric Therapy's page for more great tips and information on child development!