Tap any of the links below to jump to the section you’re interested in
We want you to feel confident to give birth the way you envision, and prepared to welcome your new baby, in the way that works best for you and your family!
Comfort Measures for Labor Workshop
Join the doulas in either Cincinnati or Dayton for an evening of hands-on learning, and an overview of skills that you and your partner can use during labor for added comfort, whether you are getting the epidural, want to go unmedicated, or aren't even sure what you want yet!
July 11th, 2018- Dayton
June 6th, 2018- CincinnatiLearn More
ONLINE Workshop: All About Birth Plans
Join us virtually for a workshop focused on helping you write an effective birth plan! We will give you the tools you need, and walk you through the process. Topics include:
- Partner Communication
- How to Write a Birth Plan
- How to Use a Birth Plan Effectively
- Options, Choices, and Local Resources
May 22nd, 2018- ONLINELearn More
Private Preparation for Birth & Preparation for Baby Classes
Looking for a birth class in Dayton or Cincinnati to meet your needs? Our private classes are taught in the comfort of your own home and on your own schedule. We promise you and your partner will come away feeling prepared and confident to give birth the way you want to, whether you are first time parents or have given birth before. Choose from our 6-hour Preparation for Birth or 3-hour Preparation for Baby courses, or combine both to get a complete, 9-hour series. Short on time or budget? We also offer a 3-hour private Mini Preparation for Birth class that will just cover the must-know basics about birth.
- Birth Partner Communication
- Writing a Better Birth Plan
- Common Pregnancy Complaints
- Staying Healthy for Birth
- Nutrition & Exercise for Pregnancy
- What to Expect During Pregnancy
- Anatomy of Labor and Birth
- The Factors that Influence Labor & Birth
- Baby's Position, and How It Affects Labor & Birth
- The Labor Process
- The Three Stages of Labor
- Preparing for VBAC
- Preparing for a Home Birth
- Non-Medical Pain Relief
- Comfort Measures
- Medical Pain Relief Options
- Positions for Labor
- Common Interventions You May Encounter
- The Welcoming Hour: Baby's First Hour of Life
- Infant bathing
- Safe sleep
- Infant soothing techniques
- Breastfeeding, pumping, and bottle feeding
- Postpartum recovery
Group Birth & Parenting Classes
We believe that one of the best ways to learn and prepare for your birth is in a group setting with others who are in your shoes too! We have regular workshops in and around Cincinnati and Dayton on the following topics:
-Pumping & Bottle Feeding Basics
-Comfort Measures for Labor Workshop
-All About Birth Plans- ONLINE
Looking for more comprehnsive group classes? Kate and Kacey teach at The Christ Hospital Medical Center- Liberty Township on the following topics:
We also work closely with Gillian Foreman of Modern Breastfeeding + Education to provide group class options in Cincinnati on topics ranging from:
- Classic childbirth preparation (series and one-day options available)
- Cesarean birth preparation
- Breastfeeding, pumping, & bottle feeding
- Baby Care
- All Mom's Support Group
Looking for Placenta Encapsulation? Our trained and professional Placenta Encapsulation Specialists are Blood-Borne Pathogen Certified, and will:
- Talk you through the process and answer your questions.
- Provide you with a kit to transport your placenta safely home from the hospital.
- Encapsulate your placenta in your home within the first few days after birth.
- Use the highest possible safety standards to ensure the highest quality product.
- Take time to answer your questions about newborn care and postpartum recovery too!
Although Placenta Encapsulation hasn't been widely studies (yet), many families are still looking to encapsulate their placenta for some of the anecdotal benefits it may provide them after birth. For these families, we provide the highest quality and standards available for Placenta Encapsulation, for your peace-of-mind.
Standard Placenta Encapsulation: $250
Placenta Tincture: $25Learn More
Lactation Support Services
We know our clients want and deserve the best care when it comes to their newborn feeding relationship. We'll meet you where you are, and leave you feeling more confident and connected to your new baby.
Tender Beginnings works closely with IBCLC Gillian Foreman at Modern Breastfeeding + Education to provide excellent breastfeeding support to families in the greater Cincinnati and Dayton*, region. Gillian's services include but are not limited to:
- Prenatal education and consultations on things such as being fitted for and using a pump, preparing for breastfeeding, and more.
- Helping you and your baby get a better latch so that you don't feel pain, and your baby gets the most milk.
- Working with you to find positions that are most comfortable for you and your baby.
- Comprehensive supply assessment so that you can be assured that you and your baby are right on track, and can resolve any issues if not.
- Pumping and bottle feeding education, because we know that this information is important for many new moms as they find what works best for their particular family and circumstances.
- Private in-home or in-office appointments available, as well as Clinic Hours on Tuesdays.
If you have questions, or to find out the details about the services offered, please visit the Modern Breastfeeding + Education website, or contact us below with your questions or concerns, and we will be in touch with you shortly!
*An additional travel fee may apply for some in-home visits in the Dayton area.
Latest Posts From Our Birth and Postpartum Blog